When Graham started the business in 2004 he went on a course with an established oven cleaning company. The method they used, and which we adopted until 2007, was to fit in 5 or more oven cleans in a day and do a really fast clean. The method included not taking ovens apart. So if an oven had self cleaning sides then they wouldn't be cleaned. The enamel around them would but not the panels. The fan wasn't cleaned. The fan cover wasn't removed.
After seeing one of our competitors jobs in 2007 we decided to do the full strip down deep cleans, to ensure everything was cleaned to a high standard. So now we do the full strip down clean. A lot of our competitors still don't do this. We know that most don't clean the fan of an oven, a lot don't clean the ceiling of the oven. Some charge extra for doing this and for stripping down the door, taking the door off etc.
A lot of companies offering cheap prices use shop bought caustic cleaning products that do serious damage to your oven as they are sprayed on and not removed properly: in particular fast rusting away of enamel, screws, shelfs, and damage to heating elements.
OvenGleamers Full Strip Down Deep Clean:
1. We do the FULL strip down clean.
2. We remove what we can of the oven, including any self cleaning panels. So the racks, fan cover.
3. We clean the fan of the oven.
4. We clean the self cleaning panels.
5. We put them in our hot tank in our van to clean them.
6. We then manually clean the rest of the oven with an ECO cleaning product: vegetable paste (Leaping Bunny Certified Product) - that is safe for you oven, AGA, and safe for you, your family and pets.
7. We reassemble your oven.
8. On AGA cookers, as well as well as full clean of the outside enamel, inner door aluminium and inner lids, we clean the rim that the top plates sit on. On four (and AGA DC and TC 5 oven) AGAs we clean the inside of ovens 3 and 4.
9. The price of a replacement bulb is included in the price of the clean - when a new bulb is required.