People often ask me "How Do I keep my Oven Clean after you have gone?"
Once we have removed all the thick grease and burnt on carbon it's just a case of keeping on top of things. Here are my 5 tips for keeping your oven clean once it has been cleaned professionally:
1. You need to keep on top of the grease in the oven so do this you need to make sure you clean it regularly. Use a micro fibre cloth such as the ones at Nigel's Eco Store. You can use it just wet or if you want to add some cleaning product, some soapy water will do fine – especially washing up liquid.
2. Also keep on top of pans that go into the oven. If these are greasy then they can add to the burnt on carbon in the oven.
3. Put an oven liner onto the bottom of the oven. Either use a standard size oven liner or by sheets of Bake-O-Glidewhich can be cut to size. Don't use aluminium foil as it will damage the enamel of your oven.
4. The racks of your oven can be cleaned by soaking them in normal washing up water, or if you can fit them in your dish washer that will do fine too. If you have an extractor that has aluminium grills they can be put into the dishwasher too.
5. Or if this is just too difficult for you - book us in regularly to do your oven cleaning for you.
Graham Rogers Started OvenGleamers as one man in a van in Taunton in 2004. The business grew to a five van operation by 2007. OvenGleamers first franchisee started in October 2010. OvenGleamers Became An Associate Member of British Franchise Association in 2012. Now growing National OvenGleamers Network. OvenGleamers are AGA and Big Cooker Cleaning Specialists. Graham writes on this blog and films videos and has a podcast.